The Clay Science Society (Turkey) and The Clay Minerals Society (USA) have the great pleasure to announce co-hosting of the 17th International Clay Conference 2021 in Istanbul, Turkey July 12-16, 2021 (icc.aipea.org). Proposals are invited for Thematic Sessions. To propose a Thematic Session, please send an e-mail with “Thematic Session ICC 2021” in the subject line and include the following information:
(1) Title, a short description of the thematic section, potential journal(s) for paper publication, and keywords (max. 150 words),
(2) Name(s), Title, afilliation, and contact information of the organizers with a brief academic CV and statement of syngestic activities leading to the rationale and enthusiasm for the proposed theme.
The Scientific Committee will assess and select proposals relevant to the Conference theme “NEW INTERFACES: BRIDGING CONTINENTS AND CULTURES WITH CLAYS.” The deadline for the submission of thematic session proposals is August 31, 2020. The scientific committee will review the proposals and announce the decisions on September 2020.
Please submit your proposal to the ICC chairs e-mail (email@example.com) on the conference homepage: icc.aipea.org. Following the announcement of the sessions, abstracts can be submitted within each of the thematic sessions. The call for abstract submission will open October 15, 2020.
Note: Thematic Session Organiser(s) must attend the 17th ICC and will serve as the Chair for their Thematic Session and help for student judgement. All Thematic Session will be required to pay their 17th ICC registration fees. The conference organizers do not have financial resources to waive fees.
Please, help us on by spreading this call in your network and among your colleagues!
Prof. Dr. Selahattin Kadir
Conference General Chair
Eskişehir Osmangazi University, Eskişehir, Turkey
Prof. Dr. Paul A. Schroeder
University of Georgia, Athens, GA, United States
Prof. Dr. Asuman G. Türkmenoglu
AIPEA Conference Representative
Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
- Citizens of 147 countries can travel to turkey without visa
- Citizens of 97 countries can travel to turkey with e-visa
- Citizens of most of countries can obtain visa at Turkish airports and border gates without dealing with long visa procedures
- For further detailed information, please visit the official web site of the republic of Turkey’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Getting to Istanbul Airport
Several airlines fly to Istanbul, including low cost companies. Please visit the Airport web site for more information and book your flight early to get the ticket at the best price.
Other useful & useless information
|Istanbul is three hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +3).|
|Mean daily temperature ranges from 26°C (min) to 29°C (max).|
|International Calls: 0090 + phone number.|
|Currency. Banks. Exchange.|
|Voltage is 220 V.|
|Smoking is prohibitet indoor areas.|
|In bars and restaurants service charge is optional.|
|VAT (value added tax) is normally % 18|
|Police 155 – Medical First Aid 112|